Google

January 17, 2008

Regular Randomness: 2007.....A Look Back

How's everyone doing today? I'm just feeling good….waiting to get off work. In the mean time in between time, I was surfing the internet and realized 2007 really sucked for me. I've had worse but this year was shitty. Not just for me either. Let us take a look at what made the news in 2007…..

January 2007



Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D)





She becomes the first female to become Speaker of the House. For those that don't know jack shit about political structure, she's kind of a big deal. If I am right, she falls 3rd in line to assume presidency should something happen to the President and Vice President. So like I said…she is kind of a big deal. You may ask, "RK…just what the fuck does a Speaker of the House do?" I'm glad you asked that.



"In the United States, in the House of Representatives and in state legislatures and local government councils, the speaker is usually selected by the members of the majority party and functions as a leader of that party. Thus, though the speaker is expected to be fair, he or she uses procedural rulings to advance the causes and agenda of his or her own party. Ceremonially, the speaker may represent the whole house, but politically he or she is the legislative voice of the party in power."



-from Wikipedia



That's right people Rep. Nancy Pelosi runs Congress in a nutshell, and she's a Democrat. The sway of power has fully shifted from Republican to Democrat. Democrats control both bodies of Congress.





February 2007



DUMMY OF THE YEAR





This award goes to Lisa Nowak, for driving from Texas to Florida to "talk" to some woman that was banging her fuck buddy. Hey Lisa…you were just a fuck! Get over it!



Onto other news…




Anna Nicole Smith dies in an "accidental" drug overdose. Why is it when you're famous in Hollywood it's an accidental overdose? All other instances of OD's are played like the person meant to do it.



"Oh…I think I'm not high enough. Let me snort this mountain of pure uncut coke!"



I'm not poking fun at Anna by any means. I mean look at this woman. Who woulda thought the stripper from Texas, who married a dying billionaire (pimp move if I have ever seen one!), who blew up to Kirstie Alley proportions, get back down to looking this good! I'll admit, The Royal Staff got some attention due to me looking at some of her recent pictures and videos. LOL!






April 2007



32 young men and women are senselessly killed at Virginia Tech. I'll leave it at that.





July 2007



The final book in J.K. Rowling Harry Potter series is released.




I went to Barnes & Noble to get a cookbook when this book was released and it was complete chaos! I haven't seen such madness since Michael Jordan released these shoes in Chicago…





It was just that crazy.



August 2007



China finds a new way to screw us over by putting high levels of chemicals and toxins in toys, toothpaste, dog food, and other products.




On the home front, in Minneapolis, a bridge that crosses the good ol' Mississippi collapses sparking a nationwide look at all bridges in the US. When I go home, I have to go thru the Hampton Roads Bridge/Tunnel.




So imagine when this happened how nervous I was. No matter how you look at it…I have to go thru a bridge/tunnel to get home. See, I know what you were thinking. "Just go around it." There is no going around. I hit the Monitor/Merrimac Bridge/Tunnel. Which means, "Woe is me!"



Barry Bonds becomes the All-Time Home Run King passing "Hammerin'" Hank Aaron



Amidst severe controversy for his steroid usage, many think he should get the Pete Rose treatment. Regardless of what you think, Barry still went out and accomplished a great feat. Steroids can't tell you what pitch is about to be coming at you, or how to hit a breaking ball. Let us all come off our high horse for a moment. We are not saints. I'm sure some people have done something i.e. burn trees, that wasn't the right thing to do. Give Barry his props and call it a day.




Let's stay in sports for a moment. The beleaguered Atlanta Falcons quarterback is indicted on federal dog fighting conspiracy charges and pleads guilty. Dog fighting is NOT a federal crime. Let me explain how his case is different. The nice word conspiracy is attached to his charges. Conspiracy is a federal charge. The dogs were bought in Georgia and transported across state lines with the intent of committing a crime. That is how his dog fighting charges became a federal matter. We all know that Mike fucked up. Let the man serve his time and forgive. I still got your back Mike!!!




(August was full of top stories…LOL!!!)



September 2007


General David Patraeus tells a Congressional Committee, that the campaign in Iraq has met the majority of the military goals set, and we can begin troop withdrawals as early as January. However, he stated a direct withdrawal would be "premature." I say fuck that!






A small town in Louisiana shows America just how far we have really come in the race for equality and tolerance. 6young black men in Jena, are imprisoned for a racially motivated beating of a white male at their high school. It all started over wanting to sit under a shade tree. Black students, upon given the OK from the principal, sat under the "white only" tree during lunch one day. The following day 3 nooses were hung from the tree, an obvious intimidation, threat and hate crime. The people responsible were essentially let off the hook and it was played down as a "prank." Several weeks of racial tension, culminated in the ass whoop that boy deserved for running off at the mouth.





October 2007



CALIFORNIA IS BURNING!!!





Several wildfires in southern California force millions from their homes, and leaves 14 people dead. At least 2 of the fires were intentionally set. Whoever did this has got to be the sickest individual on the planet. My suggestion as to his punishment…burn him alive to the point of near death. Let him recuperate. Then do it all over again for the rest of his/her life.


All my people in Killa Kali…I got love for yawl! Mostly because you're Governor


Can beat the shit out of my Governor




LOL!!!


November 2007


The Royal One celebrated his 27th birthday!





Don't worry…I'm even sexier in person! LOL!


On a sadder note, Dr. Donda West, mother of famed and controversial rapper Kanye West, dies of an apparent heart attack.




America's mayors hold a town meeting about the spikes in foreclosure rates. Basically, the real estate market melted down this year and expect for the meltdown to continue into 2008. At least 2 million homeowners are expected to lose their homes in the next couple years.



December 2007




Port Arthur native Chad Butler a.k.a. "Pimp C", one half of the critically acclaimed rap duo UGK dies suddenly in his hotel room in Los Angeles. Though a force in hip hop for years, UGK did not gain national recognition until after a feature on Jay Z's "Big Pimpin'". Despite legal woes and incarceration, Pimp C continued to supply us with quality music, never forgetting his roots in Texas. He will be missed.


Atlanta Falcons former Head Coach Bobby "The Bitch" Petrino,



resigns after 13 games to coach for SEC upstarts the Arkansas Razorbacks. Bobby…that was a bitch move on your part and I hope the Razorbacks fucking lose every single game next year!



That's it folks. There were tons of other notable stories but I damn sure don't want to waste any time on them. I mean really, who wants to hear about Britney Spears, Lindsay Lohan, and Paris Hilton again? 2007 was definitely a year to either remember or forget. I've made some new friends out here and hope 2008 will lead me into many more. Until next year….I'll leave you with a quote….



"If you ever catch on fire, try to avoid seeing yourself in the mirror, because I bet that what really throws you into a panic."


No comments: