Google

July 24, 2007

Guilty Until Proven Innocent



"I thought this was America people?" Jay Z



Never did I think that would phrase would mean so much. I thought this was America. I thought people get a fair or at least a fighting chance here. I thought everyone was given the right to due process. What I have learned is the liberties and freedoms we so enjoy come at a cost. I think Pastor Troy was ahead of his time when he said, "I'm bout to move to Mars yawl. This world a mess." The world is a mess.



I know for the most part, everyone has heard about Michael Vick's Federal indictment on dog fighting charges. I have no opinion of the actual matter at hand now because he has not been convicted of a crime. However, do you really think he will get a fair chance at trial? With the media camped out at the Atlanta Falcon's training camp, and constant stories floating around on the news....Mike Vick might as well already have been to prison. I was at work reading various stories about the indictment. Roger Goodell has ordered him not to report to training camp, right before Falcons owner and CEO, Arthur Blank, reportedly asked Mike or told him to take a leave of abscence to deal with his legal woes. He will get paid the whole time during training camp and pre-season.



I want to know how you feel about the whole situation. Speaking for myself, I don't condone dog fighting. It's sick and immoral. However, he has not been convicted of a crime. It's sad to see that you're no longer "innocent until proven guilty," but it's the other way around. Anyway, let me know your feelings on his situation.

No comments: